It is completely shocking that in a time when Japan is facing a nuclear crisis, Republican lawmakers are calling for cuts to spending for nuclear security. These cuts include $1.4 billion for training to respond to chemical and radioactive disasters, $131 million for the Office of Nuclear Energy and over 50,000 jobs that work in nuclear safety and emergency response. These cuts weaken the ability of the United States to prevent and respond to potential nuclear disasters. However, if the disaster in Japan has shown us anything, it is that additional safety measures need to be added to nuclear reactors to make them even safer! It should be obvious to everyone that one of the main duties of the government is to ensure the safety of the country’s citizens, but the actions of Republicans in Congress don’t seem to reflect that.
- The 7th congressional district election has been a rollercoaster so far, and it's far from over. twitter.com/mj_lee/status/… 1 hour ago
- RT @matthewjdowd: President Trump had promised that he would run government like he ran his businesses. Promise fulfilled. Trump Casinos,… 6 hours ago
- I seem to recall the Republicans promising an annual budget without continuing resolutions once they took the major… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- RT @MSNBC: Sen. Schumer on Oval Office meeting with President Trump ahead of shutdown: "I reluctantly put the border wall on the table for… 17 hours ago
- RT @councilofdc: Shutdown Update: In the event of a shutdown, the offices of DC's 1 voting Representative & 2 voting Senators will be close… 17 hours ago
- 1,104 views