It is completely shocking that in a time when Japan is facing a nuclear crisis, Republican lawmakers are calling for cuts to spending for nuclear security. These cuts include $1.4 billion for training to respond to chemical and radioactive disasters, $131 million for the Office of Nuclear Energy and over 50,000 jobs that work in nuclear safety and emergency response. These cuts weaken the ability of the United States to prevent and respond to potential nuclear disasters. However, if the disaster in Japan has shown us anything, it is that additional safety measures need to be added to nuclear reactors to make them even safer! It should be obvious to everyone that one of the main duties of the government is to ensure the safety of the country’s citizens, but the actions of Republicans in Congress don’t seem to reflect that.
- Today I saw a comment chain on a Facebook post that was articulate, polite, and informative. I'm quite terrified. 1 day ago
- RT @NBCNews: WATCH: Former Vice President Joe Biden presented Senator John McCain with the Liberty Medal in Philadelphia. https://t.co/G23y… 3 days ago
- RT @MikeSchlossberg: Old article but hilarious anyway - The Many Gesticulations Of Joe Biden buzzfeed.com/gavon/the-many… via @gavonl 1 week ago
- RT @eugenegu: @bdsams @realDonaldTrump @VP @SecondLady Trump and his administration would be snowflakes but because of climate change they… 1 week ago
- RT @MikeSchlossberg: How do I know it’s budget time in the state House? Because, my dear iPhone, I have never, ever, ever texted the word “… 2 weeks ago
- 1,104 views