Republicans have shown their complete disregard of human rights by launching attacks on unions in Wisconsin and Ohio. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights includes the right to unionize, and it should be recognized by all people that the right to fair benefits and pay is elementary. Today, however, Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin tried to effectively destroy the power of teachers’ unions, a plan fought against by Democrats. President Obama has recognized this attack as what it is- an attack on unions, not a move for fiscal responsibility, which the Republicans try to disguise it as. Hopefully, when people go to vote in 2012, they will remember that the Republicans pushed to attack human rights, working conditions and compensation, and collective bargaining, while Democrats stood up against that attack.
- The 7th congressional district election has been a rollercoaster so far, and it's far from over. twitter.com/mj_lee/status/… 1 hour ago
- RT @matthewjdowd: President Trump had promised that he would run government like he ran his businesses. Promise fulfilled. Trump Casinos,… 6 hours ago
- I seem to recall the Republicans promising an annual budget without continuing resolutions once they took the major… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- RT @MSNBC: Sen. Schumer on Oval Office meeting with President Trump ahead of shutdown: "I reluctantly put the border wall on the table for… 17 hours ago
- RT @councilofdc: Shutdown Update: In the event of a shutdown, the offices of DC's 1 voting Representative & 2 voting Senators will be close… 17 hours ago
- 1,104 views