Republicans have shown their complete disregard of human rights by launching attacks on unions in Wisconsin and Ohio. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights includes the right to unionize, and it should be recognized by all people that the right to fair benefits and pay is elementary. Today, however, Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin tried to effectively destroy the power of teachers’ unions, a plan fought against by Democrats. President Obama has recognized this attack as what it is- an attack on unions, not a move for fiscal responsibility, which the Republicans try to disguise it as. Hopefully, when people go to vote in 2012, they will remember that the Republicans pushed to attack human rights, working conditions and compensation, and collective bargaining, while Democrats stood up against that attack.
- Today I saw a comment chain on a Facebook post that was articulate, polite, and informative. I'm quite terrified. 1 day ago
- RT @NBCNews: WATCH: Former Vice President Joe Biden presented Senator John McCain with the Liberty Medal in Philadelphia. https://t.co/G23y… 3 days ago
- RT @MikeSchlossberg: Old article but hilarious anyway - The Many Gesticulations Of Joe Biden buzzfeed.com/gavon/the-many… via @gavonl 1 week ago
- RT @eugenegu: @bdsams @realDonaldTrump @VP @SecondLady Trump and his administration would be snowflakes but because of climate change they… 1 week ago
- RT @MikeSchlossberg: How do I know it’s budget time in the state House? Because, my dear iPhone, I have never, ever, ever texted the word “… 2 weeks ago
- 1,104 views