Republicans have shown their complete disregard of human rights by launching attacks on unions in Wisconsin and Ohio. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights includes the right to unionize, and it should be recognized by all people that the right to fair benefits and pay is elementary. Today, however, Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin tried to effectively destroy the power of teachers’ unions, a plan fought against by Democrats. President Obama has recognized this attack as what it is- an attack on unions, not a move for fiscal responsibility, which the Republicans try to disguise it as. Hopefully, when people go to vote in 2012, they will remember that the Republicans pushed to attack human rights, working conditions and compensation, and collective bargaining, while Democrats stood up against that attack.
- RT @ISPVersailles: I stopped this vehicle today for a left lane violation on I-65. The driver had approximately 20 cars slowed behind her… 19 hours ago
- RT @jfgeiger2: @btmitchell25 @alex_teplyakov @TempleUTemperor @jfgeiger2 @JPolisi2 @john_cop13 @SliM_JiM00 The best way to celebrate Fath… 2 days ago
- RT @bicycleriiights: This is awesome. @RidePATCO is increasing train frequency weeknights (from trains running every 20 to now every 15 min… 4 days ago
- RT @jaketapper: The IG report doesn’t remotely reach a conclusion about either of these issues. The president is lying and millions of Amer… 4 days ago
- #LockSomeoneUpAlready twitter.com/HillaryClinton… 5 days ago
- 1,105 views