Republicans have shown their complete disregard of human rights by launching attacks on unions in Wisconsin and Ohio. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights includes the right to unionize, and it should be recognized by all people that the right to fair benefits and pay is elementary. Today, however, Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin tried to effectively destroy the power of teachers’ unions, a plan fought against by Democrats. President Obama has recognized this attack as what it is- an attack on unions, not a move for fiscal responsibility, which the Republicans try to disguise it as. Hopefully, when people go to vote in 2012, they will remember that the Republicans pushed to attack human rights, working conditions and compensation, and collective bargaining, while Democrats stood up against that attack.
- RT @sfmnemonic: By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with you. 4 days ago
- RT @kibblesmith: "How did the Nukey War start, Oldfather?" "Well ..." [I stoke the fire] "It was Hashtag International Cat Day..." 1 week ago
- RT @GregVitali: Gas industry spent $1.3M lobbying Pa. legislature in 2nd quarter of 2017 pahouse.com/Vitali/InTheNe… 2 weeks ago
- RT @saksappeal: @BLPHL76 @DOrazioNick ... I'm ... I'm really confused why you guys are talking about this re: my tweet about bikes and cars. 2 weeks ago
- Will #Scaramucci also be replaced by a general now? 2 weeks ago
- 1,104 views