Republicans have shown their complete disregard of human rights by launching attacks on unions in Wisconsin and Ohio. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights includes the right to unionize, and it should be recognized by all people that the right to fair benefits and pay is elementary. Today, however, Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin tried to effectively destroy the power of teachers’ unions, a plan fought against by Democrats. President Obama has recognized this attack as what it is- an attack on unions, not a move for fiscal responsibility, which the Republicans try to disguise it as. Hopefully, when people go to vote in 2012, they will remember that the Republicans pushed to attack human rights, working conditions and compensation, and collective bargaining, while Democrats stood up against that attack.
- RT @jjabbott: Admin to CNN: Report this and people will die. Trump to Russia: Wanna know a secret? twitter.com/theleadcnn/sta… 5 days ago
- RT @KevinMKruse: BREAKING: Sen. McCain just raised his threat level to "furrowed brow," while Sen. Graham has gone from "concerned" to "ve… 6 days ago
- RT @Sifill_LDF: So guys...this just happened on 59th St in NYC. @melissamccarthy @NBCSN #Spicey https://t.co/PtOpneSRGU 1 week ago
- Hard to imagine that school policy would be to publicly *throw away* the lunches of children with outstanding balan… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- I'm flabbergasted that one of my (Republican) township supervisors is campaigning on refusing to give raises to police officers. Wow. 1 week ago
- 1,103 views