Republicans have shown their complete disregard of human rights by launching attacks on unions in Wisconsin and Ohio. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights includes the right to unionize, and it should be recognized by all people that the right to fair benefits and pay is elementary. Today, however, Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin tried to effectively destroy the power of teachers’ unions, a plan fought against by Democrats. President Obama has recognized this attack as what it is- an attack on unions, not a move for fiscal responsibility, which the Republicans try to disguise it as. Hopefully, when people go to vote in 2012, they will remember that the Republicans pushed to attack human rights, working conditions and compensation, and collective bargaining, while Democrats stood up against that attack.
- Finally a president who's willing to stand up for what's right. twitter.com/nytimes/status… 19 hours ago
- RT @PeteButtigieg: Honored by the endorsement of the architect of the 50-state strategy @GovHowardDean - who says it's time for DNC to look… 1 day ago
- RT @Mark_Painter: "Independent" Pat Toomey told PA he had a lot of issues with Trump but votes 100% in lockstep with him in DC. https://t.… 1 day ago
- If this doesn't work out, he can try to run for both majority and minority inspector? twitter.com/peggibbons/sta… 1 day ago
- Machine wanted $372 for 4 hours of parking. Apparently I put in a ticket from January... 1 week ago
- 1,102 views