Republicans have shown their complete disregard of human rights by launching attacks on unions in Wisconsin and Ohio. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights includes the right to unionize, and it should be recognized by all people that the right to fair benefits and pay is elementary. Today, however, Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin tried to effectively destroy the power of teachers’ unions, a plan fought against by Democrats. President Obama has recognized this attack as what it is- an attack on unions, not a move for fiscal responsibility, which the Republicans try to disguise it as. Hopefully, when people go to vote in 2012, they will remember that the Republicans pushed to attack human rights, working conditions and compensation, and collective bargaining, while Democrats stood up against that attack.
- RT @JoeBiden: Every American who worries about getting health care when they get sick can breathe a sigh of relief today. 4 days ago
- RT @SenatorMenendez: Hey Republicans, don't worry, that burn is covered under the Affordable Care Act 4 days ago
- Great speech by @billclinton this week remembering @M_McGuinness_SF and stressing the importance of protecting prog… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- RT @jonathanvswan: Hearing from multiple GOP sources that leadership is desperate to pull this bill. 4 days ago
- Looks like the Green Party got more votes in the #PA197 special election than the Republicans. Despite not being on the ballot. 4 days ago
- 1,102 views